Monday, October 28, 2013

We're on a Roll....for now

I have been waiting for so long to say this: Our US Embassy orphan investigation is complete! I am so accustomed to delays and procedure changes that I am a little amazed whenever anything gets done. (It may also have something to do with the information I receive not always being up- to- date, so there is always the "surprise factor".) Roland has his visa appointment at the beginning of November, which he will attend with our agency's in- country lawyer. Once his visa is issued, we are basically at the end of the process. Under normal conditions, he would be home by Christmas. However, our rolling ball of progress will soon crash into a concrete wall, known as the exit permit suspension. We will have gone as far as we can go without actually travelling to Congo and bringing our baby home. We are very grateful for the recent progress that has been made and we are praying that the exit permit situation does not hold us (and everyone else) up for too long. We are SO CLOSE!!



16 But I will sing of your strength,
    in the morning I will sing of your love;
for you are my fortress,
    my refuge in times of trouble.

17 You are my strength, I sing praise to you;
    you, God, are my fortress,
    my God on whom I can rely.
 
Psalm 59: 16-17

1 comment: