Tuesday, October 15, 2013

18 month recap

The past year and a half of our lives have been spent pursuing an adoption from the Democratic Republic of the Congo. We have been at this for the length of two pregnancies now (not to mention the two whole years we spent planning and preparing to begin the adoption and the four years we spent trying to conceive). Our home study was completed one year ago, which means it is about time to have it updated. Eight months ago we saw a picture of Roland for the first time and we accepted his referral. Six months ago our adoption case passed court in Congo. Three months ago our I-600 was approved. No more progress has been made since then. We have not received any more information on the status of our Embassy orphan investigation. Also, exit permits are still not being issued, which basically means that, for most of us, adoptions are not being allowed to advance to completion. After 18 months of waiting, praying and hoping we still do not have any idea when Roland will join our family.


 A few good verses to meditate on:
Rejoice in the Lord always. I will say it again: Rejoice! Let your gentleness be evident to all. The Lord is near. Do not be anxious about anything, but in every situation, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your requests to God. And the peace of God, which transcends all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus....11 I am not saying this because I am in need, for I have learned to be content whatever the circumstances. 12 I know what it is to be in need, and I know what it is to have plenty. I have learned the secret of being content in any and every situation, whether well fed or hungry, whether living in plenty or in want. 13 I can do all this through him who gives me strength.
Phillipians 4:4-13 

1 comment:

  1. Such a long, hard road. Every time I get so weary I remind myself how much harder it is to be an orphan. Roland will come home, and he is an orphan no more thanks to the loving pursuit of your family. Remember you are not alone on this journey. Here for you, and praying for that very special boy!

    ReplyDelete