Monday, September 1, 2014

September

It is finally September. A year ago, the estimated year- long adoption delay was unthinkable, but here we are, hopefully in the final stretch. Throughout all of these months, a part of me has been holding my breath, waiting for Congo adoptions to officially close. But, that never happened and that is definitely something to be grateful for. There is still HOPE. I am praying that we hear some real *positive* news this month. Hopefully the Congo Parliament will get busy with the new laws when they get back into session in a couple of weeks. I am hoping and praying from the bottom of my heart that Roland and all the other adopted sons and daughters will finally be able to join their families by the end of the  year. Already, a year of their lives has been stolen from us- a year they could have been nurtured and supported and loved and cared for by their families. That is hard to reconcile. I know that Roland coming home will not be a magical cure- all pill. All three of us will have pain, disappointment and grief that we will need to process. It will take time, but the first step is for all of us to be together. So, for right now I choose to put my mental energies into believing we are coming to the end of this heart- wrenching journey. Forgiveness for the injustices bestowed on my son will come later, after he is safe at home with us.

No comments:

Post a Comment