Saturday, June 29, 2013

Heart of the Monster

I mentioned earlier that we have decided to keep things simple and cheap this summer and not do any overnight travelling. This past month I have been intentionally trying to be more aware of the beauty right around me (which really isn't that hard considering where we live). I have spent a lot of time walking the dogs at a park only 5 minutes from my house, called Heart of the Monster. For those of you who don't live in the area, it is nothing creepy like the name may suggest. It is a national historical park that is the legendary birthplace of the Nez Perce Tribe. It is a very pleasant place to walk around just outside of town and it is a good spot for bird- watching and sometimes you can even spot an otter. If you are ever driving across the state on US-12, it is worth a stop to stretch your legs and maybe have a picnic. Below is a summary of what my June looked like:
On a different note, you may have noticed I have added a store on the top of my blog through amazon.com. I have hand- picked all sorts of products, such as adoption and parenting books, children's books and activities, and cooking and baking accessories. I hope you take a few minutes to browse; there's something for everybody. A percentage of every purchase will go toward our adoption expenses. Make sure to check back often as I will be routinely adding new products. Also, if you already have something in mind you want to buy from amazon.com, you can do so by clicking on one of their ads on my blog and I will receive a percentage of that purchase as well. These are just a couple of easy ways to make the most of your online shopping. Thanks!

No comments:

Post a Comment