Tuesday, May 14, 2013

Immigration Paperwork....Done!

I am happy to announce that I mailed out our immigration packet today. I think/ hope that is the last big stack of paperwork we have to do for the adoption. While filling out the forms was not fun, the idea of them was pretty exciting. This paperwork was the first we filled out that referred to us as the legal parents of our baby. It made the adoption feel very real. Our agency will send our paperwork to USCIS and it takes them about 5-6 weeks to approve it. Things are moving along.

An update on the exit permits: They say that they will start issuing them again by the end of May. We shall see.

 
 


Since I am lucky enough to live in Beautiful Idaho, I was able to take a lovely evening walk to clear my head from staring at forms all afternoon. I foresee spending many summer evenings on this ridgetop with our son.





No comments:

Post a Comment